- Speak with your Financier or your Home Loan Consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs. You can use our Calculators as a guide for how much you can borrow how much stamp duty you will pay and for investment information.
- Prepare a list of preferred areas that suit your lifestyle.
- Develop an association with a Sales Agent. The Agent will be able to offer further advice and also make you aware of recent sales and any new listings in your desired location.
- Once you have found a property you wish to purchase, you can make an offer on that property - this is done through your Sales Agent. If the Sellers are agreeable to your offer, a Contract of Sale can be drawn up on your behalf to purchase the property. You have the option of your Solicitor perusing the Contract before you sign.
- It is recommended that you arrange a building and pest inspection to make you fully aware of any defects and pest concerns (if any), the property may have eg: white ants, termites.
- Following your Solicitors advice on the Sale Contract, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with an offer on the property through the Agent.